GRANDMA NELLIE’S IRISH BROWN BREAD
- Grease an 8”square baking dish and pre-heat oven to 350°
- In a large bowl, place 1 cup of hot water; add contents of raisin packet to water and stir for 30 seconds. Add ¼ cup of oil (or softened butter) and mix well.
- (optional: if desired stir in 1 egg before adding dry ingredients)
- Add dry mix ¼ cup at a time, stirring thoroughly after each addition.
- Pour batter into prepared baking dish and bake for 25 minutes or until center is cooked (springy to the touch).